The Gira G1 is a multi-functional room operating device for visualising and operating a variety of building functions. For use in the KNX system and Gira door communication system, or as client. The respective range of functions depends on the firmware used.
- Operation is via a gesture-capable multi-touch display.
- Connection and communication are via LAN or WLAN, depending on the variant.
- Integrated speaker.
- Integrated microphone with echo compensation.
Potential applications and combinations
- As a multi-functional room operating device, the Gira G1 offers the following functions and function combinations:
- KNX room operating device
- Video home station
- Client for following systems/servers - HomeServer – X1
- Integration of Internet services
Properties as a KNX room operating device
- Intuitive user interface that can be adapted by the end user.
- System settings are protected via a PIN code.
- Switching and dimming (relative and absolute), dimming (incl. Dimming RGB, RGBW, and Tunable White), blind and roller shutter control, value transmitter, and scene auxiliary unit.
- Status display, display of date and time, display of indoor and outdoor temperature.
- Up to 150 functions (six function folders or rooms with up to 25 functions each).
- More than 320 function icons.
- Up to 125 seven-day timer with 10 switching times each.
- Access to IP cameras.
- Audio control.
- PIN code for system settings.
- Room temperature controller in combination with the temperature sensor module (available as an optional extra), or KNX devices for room temperature measurement, e.g. touch sensor 3 Komfort.
- Up to 150 room temperature controller auxiliary units in combination with KNX 3 Plus pushbutton sensor or KNX CO2 sensor for room temperature measurement and control.
- Operating modes: Comfort, standby, night, and frost or heat protection with their own temperature setpoint values (for heating and/or cooling).
- Operating modes can be adapted individually.
- Comfort extension using the presence button.
- Frost or heat protection changeover using window status.
- Display of room temperature controller information.
- Control parameters for PI controllers and 2-point controllers can be set.
- A heating clock as seven-day timer with 28 switching times.
- Room temperature controller auxiliary unit for sauna operation.
- Room temperature controller auxiliary unit for controlling air conditioning systems (fan coil) in conjunction with a KNX gateway for air conditioning systems.
- Adjustment of the setpoint temperature, air flow (direction, intensity) and operating mode.
Properties as video home station
- Camera changeover: specific selection of connected colour cameras.
- Control of the door opener.
- Switching the ringtone on and off.
- Ring tone can be selected from a choice of 10 melodies.
- Call acceptance.
- Adjustment of ring tone and voice volume.
- Internal calls.
- Floor call can be triggered via the KNX touch sensor.
Properties as a home station with SIP client
- Client function for SIP external systems from e.g. Comelit, TCS, SCHÜCO DCS Touch, 2N.
- Direct SIP calls or via registrar possible
- 64 internal calls possible, e. g. to the concierge
- Early media support for video image
Integration of Internet services
- Gira weather service: display of the weather forecast for up to five cities (internet connection required).
The Gira G1 can also be used as a client for the following systems/servers:
- Depending on the configuration, the Gira G1 can also be used as a client in systems with a Gira HomeServer. Upon activation, the Gira G1 displays the interface design of the Gira HomeServer. Almost all of the Gira HomeServer’s standard functions are supported, including the video home station and online weather service functions.
- Depending on the configuration, the Gira G1 can also be used as a client in systems with an eNet server. Upon activation, the Gira G1 displays the interface design of the eNet SMART HOME system. All of the eNet SMART HOME system’s functions are supported, including the video home station and online weather service functions.
- Depending on the configuration, the Gira G1 can also be used as a client in systems with a Gira X1. Upon activation, the Gira G1 displays the interface design of the Gira X1. Up to 250 X1 functions can be supported.
- In addition to the building control system’s X1 functions, the following functions are available in the Gira G1 as Gira X1 client:
Gira door communication
Online weather service
Gira Alarm Connect security system with the functions
- Acknowledge message
- Display alarms
- Cancel alarms
- When used as a client, the KNX room operating device features are not available. For details on the exact scope of functions, please refer to the Gira online catalogue and the device's technical documentation.
- Gira G1 with flush-mounted connection module 24 V WLAN for connecting to a suitable cable (e.g. to the second wire pair of the KNX bus line).
- Data communication via WLAN.