Gateway for KNX installation, primarily matched to the needs of buildings in the private sector. It turns the Gira HomeServer 4 into an on-board computer that handles the networking of modern buildings and their technical equipment internally and with the outside world. Operation is carried out via state-of-the-art communication media. In addition to a PC, access is also possible via other Internet-capable devices connected to a LAN, an in-house WLAN, or the Internet. As a result, KNX functions can be controlled and regulated anywhere. The Gira SmartSensor, Gira Control 9 Client, Gira Control 19 Client 2 and Gira Interface apps for iPhone®, iPod® touch and iPad®, and Android can be used as convenient operating devices for the Gira HomeServer 4. An app for Apple® devices is available in the Apple® App Store. For Android® devices there is an app available from the Google Play Store®. Due to the software architecture, the Gira HomeServer is protected against attacks from the Internet.
- Can be updated.
- Management of 200 users. Multiple logins possible under one user name.
- Project archiving with individual content such as floor plans, etc.
- Cyclic/triggered data recording (for example, temperature courses, elapsed-hours meters, fill levels).
- Graphic user interface: Visualisation of building and device states with freely positionable icons and texts. Saving of individual images and menu structures for each user group.
- Evaluation of IP cameras: Recording of images and playback in the visualisation. Forwarding of footage and images via email and FTP. National requirements, e.g. protocol-specific information and communications standards need to be observed.
- Exporting of data or alarm records in the Excel™, CSV, HTML or XML file formats.
- Mathematical functions (e.g. basic operations).
- Storing and calling up of light scenes.
- Timers, weekly program, public holiday calendar.
- Fault messages, measured values and sensor or actuator states can be transmitted by push notification and e-mail. Acknowledgement via KNX.
- Self-teaching occupied-home simulation.
- Remote programming via network, Internet and data communications connections.
- Transmitting ASCII texts.
- IP coupling with products from other manufacturers that generate or edit IP telegrams for control.
- Low-wearing, as there are no moving parts such as a fan or hard disk.
- Graphic logic editor: Allows for example copying module groups across projects, creating any number of work sheets. Over 150 logic nodes are set up.
- Importing and exporting of global libraries.
- Communication objects: Data transfer from ETS by means of OPC or directly from the knxproj file. Import and export of communication objects as CSV file.
- Universal timer: Several switching points possible per clock. Use of placeholders in day, month, year. Activation/deactivation via communication object. With Astro and random function.
- Data backup/restoration of retentive data.
- 14-byte KNX texts: Evaluation by comparison with text string. Use in text messages, push notification, e-mails, or status page.
- Receipt of IP telegrams: Specification of an address range, extraction of 14-byte KNX texts, assignment to 14-byte KNX texts.
- SNMP: Reading out numeric and 14-byte KNX texts. Setting numeric values, integer values, and texts. Transmitting SNMP Traps via HomeServer command. Optional ColdStart Trap when starting Gira HomeServer.
- Bus access via KNXnet/IP protocol.
- Evaluation of web-based IP devices (reading/writing).
- iETS server: Remote programming of KNX systems. Enabling of iETS function with a communication object. Gira HomeServer continues to run without restriction during programming via iETS. Switching processes continue to run. Process image remains current.
- KNX Data Secure compatible.
- Connection options
- Serial port: 1 x RS232
- Network: 1 x RJ45, 10/100 Mbit Ethernet
- KNX: via KNX IP router, USB data interface
- USB: 2.0 type B
- Power consumption: approx. 15 W
- Ambient temperature: 0 °C to +40 °C
- Further information: www.gira.de/homeserver.
- Technical information may vary or be modified depending on version. In the same way, the scope of service can vary among the individual clients (QuadClient, iOS app, Android app).
- Recommended system requirements for operating devices: Internet browser of possible operating devices must support at least HTML 4.0, Java Script 1.1, CSS, and Dynamic HTML.
- Gira HomeServer Expert software for operating systems from Windows XP™ including Internet Explorer from version 6.0.
- Adoption of the ETS group addresses from ETS 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- Integration of graphics programs.